Packing this month’s goodies into my makeup bag made me extremely happy.
tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Bronzer in “Park Ave Princess”
I haven’t used this yet, but I am going crazy over it. This is one of tarte’s most popular items and I can’t believe it was in my Ipsy bag. I love the color of this because as I’m quite pale, this is the perfect color on me without being too dark. There is a slight sheen to this, but I think it’s necessary for the kind of color and bronzer that it is. I can’t wait to start using this. I’ll make sure to tell you how it is!
jelly pong pong 2-in-1 Eyeliner & Shadow
I’m so happy I received a pencil eyeliner because mine was starting to dwindle. I love the color of this because it isn’t as harsh as a complete black liner. It seems to smudge easily and is large enough to use as an eye shadow too. I can’t wait to see what I can do with this!
Crown Brushes Tweezers
I first was disappointed that I received these because I have so many pairs of tweezers. I even have a pair that I paid $25. I always just tend to use those because they are excellent quality. However, in the fall when I go to school, it might be useful to have a nice pair at home so I don’t have to keep carrying tweezers with me. Also, my friend used them and loved them!
Vasanti Exfoliating Cleanser
I haven’t used this yet but I spread it on my hand and really loved the exfoliant of it. It feels like it’ll really clean my pores out and leave my skin squeaky clean.
Octavio Sea Salt Spray Infused with Algae Extract
I used this the other day and was in love. With the weather being so humid and hot, I don’t like doing a lot of styling to it recently. I put this in before putting it into a ponytail and it gave my hair major texture, it also smells like an amazing beach trip!
What did you receive from your monthly beauty boxes?
I was browsing around for some mid-summer sales and found some really great things that are on the Anthropologie website! A lot of these are on sale, and some are not. I really like putting these together because it’s interesting to see what’s in stock and on sale right now. I’ve noticed there are a lot of florals and pastels. I really enjoy both those things, so I’m quite happy.
Alright my blogging friends. (It’s time for this month’s makeup look)
1. trèStique Mini Shadow Crayon “Aspen Pine”
This was the shadow stick I got from my latest Ipsy bag. I love the deep green look for in my crease and outer corner of my lid!
2. How To Look The Best At Anything Benefit Box in “Light”
You can see this is well-loved! I got this at Christmas and I use it every single day. The concealer and powder are must-have for makeup that will stay on your face in the summer.
3. Chella Tantalizing Taupe Eyebrow Color
This is still my favorite brow product. I don’t know what it is about this thing! I love how small and petite it is. I feel like the thin size of it allows me to get really natural looking brows. The packaging is also just adorable, isn’t it? I’m dreading the day when this little guy runs out!
What makeup have you been wearing this month? (BTW, I realize this is late, but this was the majority of what I wore last month in June) :)
I have always asked myself, can fringe be done in a way that doesn’t make me look like I’m constantly at Woodstock?
I don’t own a lot of pieces with fringe because I have so many other 70’s elements that I’m afraid I’ll look like a crazy wannabe hippie. However, I’ve learned how to make it all work. This was a perfect outfit for the crazy hoy and sunny day that it was!
Shirt- Forever 21
Sunglasses- Kate Spade
Bracelet- Kate Spade
Purse- Ralph Lauren
Phone Case- NEW! Rifle Paper & Co. (I’m in love)
I have some more posts coming this week! Stay tuned :)
Hi everyone, it’s me again.
1. I’ve really been enjoying relaxing outside as much as possible. Between the extreme hot or the crazy thunderstorms, it’s harder than you’d think! Sitting on the porch and taking some quiet time is so therapeutic. Sometimes I let my dog come out and sit with me, although he tends to run after the dogs next door.
2. I’ve also been enjoying gardening and looking after all our plants! Where I live is very green and I’m trying to make the most of it this summer.
3. Lately, I’ve been taking trips to the park when I can. Walking around or playing tennis is such good exercise, and it’s free! I’m so lucky to have a nice park near me to go to.
4. I’ve been drinking lemonade non-stop, what’s your favorite flavor?
5. I bought these adorable nail stickers for fourth of July from goscratchit.com and I thought they were maybe the most adorable ones I’ve ever had. They were supposed to be picnic themed, and they made the rainy holiday a little bit brighter.
6. After the fourth came around, it got HOT. I’ve been trying to cool down in any way I can! One fun thing for summer to keep you cool is fun ice cream and popsicles. Flag down an ice cream truck, or find some fruity flavors at the convenience store!
7. This was me being silly in TJMaxx. I think it’s important to have fun when you go out shopping! I was commenting on how my dog wouldn’t be caught dead in a dog bed because he’s spoiled and loves to sleep with us. I tried it out, and it turns out they are pretty comfy! I’m sure Rex would hate it though. TjMaxx has some amazing home items in at the moment, you should check it out!
If you want to follow my Instagram, you can go right here and do so :)
What have you been up to this month?
Minimalism: a style or technique (as in music, literature, or design) that is characterized by extreme spareness and simplicity.
This months favorites are pretty much the bare minimum of what I need during the hot summer month of June!
1. NARS lip crayon- I don’t actually know the color of this, but it’s the lighter one that Sephora gives you for the birthday gift this month. The color is a beautiful neutral shade. I can wear this and the texture and color allow me not to worry about it getting messed up.
2. Jor’el Parker Rollerball Perfume- I’ve become obsessed with this. I’ve been using this so much and it’s still shocking got so much left! I think I enjoy the small rollerballs for summer better because they go on easy and quick and can be stored in the teeniest of bags. The smell of this is incredible and is very floral without being too sweet. I also think the packaging is so simple and clean looking. It reminds me of something that a Parisian would wear all the time, because it’s simple and elegant.
3. MAC 266 Brush- I’ve been using this for what seems like forever. But lately I’ve used it for my eyebrows rather than dealing with an eyebrow pencil. In the summer, I feel like eyebrow products just melt right off my face. This pencil with a simple matte taupe eyeshadow are perfect for shaping your brows into a natural look that won’t budge.
4. Nuxe Cleanser- I’ve used a lot of cleansers, and I have to say this is one of my favorites. I need to figure out where to buy this thing full sized. It doesn’t feel like a normal cleanser! The smell isn’t too strong and is quite different than what I’m used to. Whenever I use this at night, I feel like every drop of makeup is wiped from my pores.
What have you been using this month? I’m curious to see what’s been working for you as well!
Hey, there. I have officially made my first mix drink! I am pretty proud of this delicious refreshment, and I think it would be an amazing 4th of July drink to make if you’re having a picnic out in the sun. It didn’t take that long to make, and it didn’t even cost that much! If you like fruity drinks, you can put less club soda in. If you like your drinks more bitter, you can fill half your class with the club soda.
I got this recipe from Lovely Indeed!
Let’s get into it.
Ingredients (Makes 8 Servings)
1 1/2 cups Smirnoff Watermelon
1/2 large seedless watermelon
5 lemons (Although this made it quite tart, so you can use less if you want)
6-7 sprigs fresh rosemary
1/2 c sugar
To start, cube your watermelon and squeeze your lemons. Remove the leaves from 4 rosemary sprigs and chop coarsely. Add watermelon, lemon juice, rosemary, and sugar to a blender and puree for about 30 seconds. Once blended, strain the mixture to remove all rosemary and watermelon pulp. (You can make this part the night before your party and chill it so it’s ready the next day!)
In a pitcher, mix 1 1/2 cups of Smirnoff Watermelon with 2 1/2 cups of your pureed watermelon mixture to create your punch.
Pour a half cup of your punch mixture over ice, top with club soda, and add a sprig of the extra rosemary for garnish. (Like I said, if you want a really sweet drink, use less club soda)