Today I got some nail stickers and did a fun manicure that is perfect for spring. Glitter and mint are huge this season, so it’s perfect.
I got Sally Hanson nail stickers in “Holi-Daze” (clearly left over from Christmas, but it worked! ) and put them on every finger but my ring finger.
I then used Nicole by OPI in My Lifesaver (pretty sure it was from the Justin Bieber collection) on my Ring finger.
And there! It’s easy, and more fun than a normal manicure.
What do you think?
I have been accessory crazy lately, and I saved up some money to buy a couple accessories soon! Everyone has their ideas of good additions to an outfit (boho headbands and fringe, grunge bracelet stacks and vintage sunglasses, edgy spiked cuffs, etc) but my favorite are the two above. How do you wear them? Read on!
1. Gem stone rings- I have wanted one for SO long, and am hoping for one for my birthday! (which is next month) Gem rings can go with many styles. They are a little edgy, and can be colorful. That means they can make a bold outfit even bolder, and a girly outfit even cooler. A mod-style graphic dress can have a modern twist with these, or even a cocktail dress for special events. It can be classy and dressed up as much as it can be casual.
2. I have also wanted a heart cross-body bag forever. They are adorable and stylish, and many come in multiple colors and textures. A Coachella-style outfit would go well with this bag. A silky button up shirt with lace shorts and sandals can look more modern and stylish when you add this bag. You can also wear it with a plain white t-shirt with a denim shirt over it, and striped shorts to break up the spring styles with something stylish and bold!
What are your favorite accessories right now? What did you think of these?
So some of the spring styles are predictable (like pastels) and some were a bit more surprising! (Like black and white)
I have shown the top three things to do with your outfits this spring to keep feeling fresh.
1. The first thing to do is to go for something comfy. Today, in Massachusetts, it is gloomy and it should rain soon. Instead of wearing all the bright and sheer and flowy sping styles I just bought, I opted for ripped jeans and a big grey t-shirt (my boyfriend’s actually) with boots and a cardigan. Spring can be unpredictable with cold and rainy weather. So when you feel like you don’t wanna dress all the way up on those cloudy days, dress up a sweater, sweatshirt, t-shirt, etc. Comfy clothes with can looked polished if they are worn the right way.
2. The next thing to do is to try all the trends, honestly. There will be ones that you don’t get or you think are unflattering. But you really don’t know until you try. The biggest trends are pale pastels, bright neons, lace, miniskirts, leather, etc. Many of these things sound great, and then don’t look so good when you put them on. All trends are made for different body types, so see which ones work for you! When you buy a lot of trendy items, it will make dressing up everyday fun instead of a task that you would rather scratch and throw on sweats. (We all do it.)
3. The last thing is one that I probably do the most. Black and white. And luckily, black and white (especially in a pattern) was huge on the spring runways. Living in the Northeast, wearing all black is a pretty common thing. But I also like to throw whites in when I can. It is always classy, and black is the most flattering color for every body type. Leather black leggings with a black and white striped shirt or sweater can always look chic, and can be worn with converse, booties, pumps, flats. The possibilities are endless. This is one trend that is always easy.
What are your solutions to keeping your spring wear fresh?
Ok, I know I just posted about a nail idea, but this has got to take the cake.
As soon as I saw this picture, I was like, “I can do this. This is easy.”
I decided I would scout my collection for colors closest to this (and most are old and crusty) and then buy the rest. As for the silver strip, I thought I could get nail stickers and cut a thin strip and stick it on, or take tinsel and glue it on…
But just as my ideas hit a rut, I clicked the link that the picture came from, and found the most glorious thing.
Nastynails.com sells sets of nail polish to achieve different looks. Seriously. Most of these colors were Essie colors as well as an Orly, and GET THIS, silver tape. In the kit. For us. WOW.
It is all $24.00 (worth it if you’re a nail freak) and looks perfect instead of a makeshift version. I haven’t bought one of these kits yet, but I plan on it.
What do you think of having this handy dandy kit?
I am still trying to find a good design for my next nail idea. I loved the way this looked! This is not mine, but it might be what I do next! The peach color is adorable, and you can even reuse it for the nail with the sparkle.
To do this, you only need to paint your thumb, pointer, and pinky finger a peach color. The middle finger is a chevron nail sticker, and they can be found in a majority of places. They have these awesome stickers on Etsy.com with many other types of patterns as well. Sally Hanson and Sephora also carry chevron-patterned nails. The ring finger is a sparkly nail, but you could out the peach used from before, and then use two coats of sparkles on top to give it the illusion that it is a sparkly peach color.
Perfect for spring!
What do you think?
It is that time again, the time where I am changing my hairstyle. I went from purples to ombres, to a now jet black hair (which I still love!) But I need a change. I love Katy Perry, but I feel myself moving on.
I was thinking of having a brown with honey highlights, like Lucy Hale’s in the pic, or a pretty dirty blonde color. I still haven’t decided upon anything, but I am keeping an eye out!
What do you guys have your eyes set on for spring hair?