I made homemade brownies for the first time yesterday, and I had to share them with you! The recipe I found is from Style Me Pretty. I decided to give them a try, and they were delicious.
Ready in 40 Minutes Moderately Easy Made 16 Squares
10 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into ½-inch slices
1¼ cups pure cane sugar
¾ cup natural unsweetened cocoa powder
½ teaspoon fine-grain sea salt
¼ teaspoon baking powder
2 cold large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
⅔ cup all purpose flour
1/3 cup overflowing cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees placing your rack in the lower third of the oven. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper. Grease the parchment paper (we used coconut oil spray but anything will do).
To brown your butter, melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Continue to cook the butter, while stirring constantly with a whisk or rubber spatula. After about 5 minutes, you should notice the butter foaming a bit and starting to turn a deep golden color. Keep stirring for another 3-5 minutes until the tiny reddish specks appear and your butter smells nutty and delish.
2. Remove your pan from heat and stir in the sugar until incorporated. Next, stir in the cocoa powder, salt and baking powder until completely blended,. Let this mixture cool for 10 minutes. **Very important to remove mixture from heat source and let cool for 10 minutes or a minimum of 5.
3. Add one of the eggs, stirring the mixture vigorously. Once incorporated fully, add the second egg, again stirring vigorously. The mixture should thicken a bit and have a glossy texture, but shouldn’t separate or become difficult to stir.
4. Add in the vanilla extract and the flour, stirring until just incorporated. Now, beat them brownies! Stir vigorously for about 1 minute.
5. Fold in the chocolate chips. Or chocolate slivers or almonds or whatever else you can dream up. Traditionalists…stick to chocolate chips or chunks and you can’t go wrong.
6. Pour batter in the lined pan, swirling the top with a knife if so you fancy,.
7. Bake on the lower rack for about 25 minutes. Some ovens might go a little longer, but the important thing is not to overcook.
Once the brownies are completely cool, dig in. And maybe scoop some vanilla ice cream on top.