If winter wasn’t here before, I’m certain it is now. It has been freezing the past few days and I’ve had to make actual use out of my heavy jackets. It’s been fun trying to figure out how to layer and make it all work together. I’ve also been wearing boots every single day. It’s the only thing you can wear in this weather!
Today was a pretty casual day as I was getting ready to go back to school. Leggings and sweatshirts can apparently look great when you throw on a nice winter jacket.
I gave you some products earlier today, but I found a couple more things to share with you! I know that one thing that seems to pop up all summer long for me are fancy events. I dread this during the warm weather because I worry about my (very thick) hair frizzing, my clothing choices being too hot, and sweating because I didn’t choose the right sandal. But fear not! I have a few tips that can be solved with some retail therapy.
The first good idea for a fancier event is to keep your jewelry really elegant, and really minimal. In the fall I wear tons of bangles and necklaces and dangly earrings, but in the summer I feel myself wanting to rip it all off. A good suggestion is the Tory Burch bracelet I provided above! It is airy so your wrists will be able to breathe, and it is clearly a classy choice of jewelry. The gold is pretty in the summer because it tends to soften the color of any skin tone (even paper white, like mine). This bracelet is obviously pricey because it is designer, but investing in a few good pieces like this will save you when you are scrambling with what to accessorize with. This geometric pattern gives a clean high polished feel to the 16K-gold piece. It also comes in silver!
Another good idea is letting the clothes be the main event. We went over minimal jewelry, so I should say, statement clothing is really good during the warmer months. In the cold weather, putting staples over more staples and layering that with trendy staples works because, well, you are freezing. So when you are super hot at a wedding and don’t want to move because the cardigan you wore was the center of your outfit, you are in quite a pickle. Look for a dress that simple is the centerpiece of the outfit. This dress that I found at boohoo.com was only $20, and chances are you can find something exactly like it at H&M and Forever 21 for a similar price. No matter what you have in your summer closet, a statement formal event dress is key, and you can hit two birds with one stone by getting one that has a trend incorporated in it. (The dress also comes in “Coral” in size 8 and “Ivory” in size 12)
As for shoes, find something comfortable, and not heavy. The same way the accessories and clothes should be short and sweet (and easy to get sweat stains out of…) so should your shoes.
I hope you are all safe with the crazy weather we have been having. Yesterday was my birthday, and it was extremely hot out. We are in for a heat wave, and just in time for some summer picks. I found all of these items scattered across the internet, and I will share where to get em’! Enjoy.
1. Michael Kors has done it again. When looking for something casual that is still chic, this dress does all the work. This is a shirtdress with beautiful cargo pockets and a stretch quality that is perfect for warm weather. The last thing you want is to wear something that doesn’t breathe or move with your body. The light color is gorgeous, and it can be belted to accentuate a waist line. I found it online at Nordstrom, and it was originally $995. But it was 60% to a still cool $397.98. Worth it if you have the money to spend!
2. I wish I could give you all the deets on this beautiful dress, but I can’t find it anywhere. I did want to include it though, because it has a bunch of trends in it. The black and white was all over the spring and resort runways, as well as stripes. It also has a very cool look to it. Literally cool, as in it looks like you won’t be sweltering in it. Gorgeous, and something to model any event dresses by for the summer season.
3. This halter just screams music festival. I actually thought it was a bathing suit top at first. I bet it could be used as one. I thought it looked awesome in black, which is the biggest color of the summer (oddly), but it comes in like a billion colors. And by a billion I mean: Blueberry, Fabulush, Mochachino, Orangerine, Pink Pulse, Scarlet red, Sea Blue, Sunny mango, and White. If you have any doubt what the creative names for the colors are, they actually look exactly as they sound. I found the top at Zappos.com!
4. Zara heels. Need I say more? You can probably find these anywhere. I stumbled upon them via a blog, but I couldn’t seem to find them on the website. This once again has the color-blocking black trend, and is perfect for summer. Let your toes breathe!
5. This might be my favorite find. This pendant is by Angel Court and is the symbol for devotion. It is perfect for that laid back summer vibe. (It would look awesome with that Body Glove halter!) It even has Swarovski crystals in it. $72.99 is a bit much for a necklace, but if you are looking for a splurge, this would be the perfect summer accessory. I found this at Uncovet.com, and it was my first time visiting there! It had amazing accessories as well as apparel and artwork! They have a bunch of vintage finds and great things by small designers. Please go support this cool website!
As you guys know, I love bows. They are so girly, but can be chic and sophisticated. They are becoming pretty popular right now, and I’m guessing in the spring, bow tied accessories (scarves, necklaces, etc) will be huge. My little brother is going to the semi, and I even picked out a gold one for his suit. (So adorable). So heres a good head start on all those bows!
I think we all love jewelry, am I right? But what is so great about delicate, intricate, expensive jewelry is that you can wear it everyday. Pieces that are something special like that are with you every day, so I thought I would show this beautiful piece as an example. This is a Michael B. Platinum Double Twist Eternity Band. I found this at London Jewelers for a pretty penny ($5,300).
Yes, it is beautiful and overpriced, but I think I found a great alternative.
Now I know this one isn’t the same beautiful finish, but it is a great band! I found this at Max & Chloe jewelers. This ring is $135 (Big difference from five grand..)
Still an infinite band, just a big price difference.
Hello everyone! Yesterday I posted a beautiful dress that I thought would be a great holiday dress. So today, I was looking for some jewelry that would go well with it. The thing with holiday style is that it usually has to be sparkly. And I found the perfect thing.
These are Gold & Crystal Chandelier Earrings from Neiman Marcus. They are by Jose & Maria Berrera.
The gold chandelier design is quite festive, and those stones add bling to your look. These are glamorous, and can be worn with so many styles!!
These are in stock, but they are also $490.00. For those of you ready to take that plunge, here is the link:
I just ordered my newest jewelry piece from Jewelmint, and it is a Christmas present to myself! The bracelet is called “Treasure Chest Bracelet” and cost me $29.99.
The bracelet part is real silver plated, and the stone is an amethyst look-alike.
I have only bought one other thing from my Jewelmint account, and that was a big seventies inspired ring (that I still use almost everyday), and it was excellent quality. Along with Jewelmint, there is also Shoemint (which I have ordered from and was pleased with), Homemint (house ware that Justin Timberlake is a part of), Intimint (lingerie and casual wear), and Stylemint (which, in my opinion, is very overpriced t-shirts and basic things that you could get anywhere).
I am so excited to get this in the mail! And that it will match my purple hair. If any of you have used Jewelmint or any of the mints as well, please give feedback! 🙂