I have been accessory crazy lately, and I saved up some money to buy a couple accessories soon! Everyone has their ideas of good additions to an outfit (boho headbands and fringe, grunge bracelet stacks and vintage sunglasses, edgy spiked cuffs, etc) but my favorite are the two above. How do you wear them? Read on!
1. Gem stone rings- I have wanted one for SO long, and am hoping for one for my birthday! (which is next month) Gem rings can go with many styles. They are a little edgy, and can be colorful. That means they can make a bold outfit even bolder, and a girly outfit even cooler. A mod-style graphic dress can have a modern twist with these, or even a cocktail dress for special events. It can be classy and dressed up as much as it can be casual.
2. I have also wanted a heart cross-body bag forever. They are adorable and stylish, and many come in multiple colors and textures. A Coachella-style outfit would go well with this bag. A silky button up shirt with lace shorts and sandals can look more modern and stylish when you add this bag. You can also wear it with a plain white t-shirt with a denim shirt over it, and striped shorts to break up the spring styles with something stylish and bold!
What are your favorite accessories right now? What did you think of these?
So some of the spring styles are predictable (like pastels) and some were a bit more surprising! (Like black and white)
I have shown the top three things to do with your outfits this spring to keep feeling fresh.
1. The first thing to do is to go for something comfy. Today, in Massachusetts, it is gloomy and it should rain soon. Instead of wearing all the bright and sheer and flowy sping styles I just bought, I opted for ripped jeans and a big grey t-shirt (my boyfriend’s actually) with boots and a cardigan. Spring can be unpredictable with cold and rainy weather. So when you feel like you don’t wanna dress all the way up on those cloudy days, dress up a sweater, sweatshirt, t-shirt, etc. Comfy clothes with can looked polished if they are worn the right way.
2. The next thing to do is to try all the trends, honestly. There will be ones that you don’t get or you think are unflattering. But you really don’t know until you try. The biggest trends are pale pastels, bright neons, lace, miniskirts, leather, etc. Many of these things sound great, and then don’t look so good when you put them on. All trends are made for different body types, so see which ones work for you! When you buy a lot of trendy items, it will make dressing up everyday fun instead of a task that you would rather scratch and throw on sweats. (We all do it.)
3. The last thing is one that I probably do the most. Black and white. And luckily, black and white (especially in a pattern) was huge on the spring runways. Living in the Northeast, wearing all black is a pretty common thing. But I also like to throw whites in when I can. It is always classy, and black is the most flattering color for every body type. Leather black leggings with a black and white striped shirt or sweater can always look chic, and can be worn with converse, booties, pumps, flats. The possibilities are endless. This is one trend that is always easy.
What are your solutions to keeping your spring wear fresh?
Hello everyone, I know I posted those beautiful rings, but I had to show you these shoes. These red lace up pumps are from BDOODAH and are on sale for $23.99 (yes, you read that correctly). They are patent leather and suede, and have laces that go up the front. Excellent for any occasion honestly. Here’s the link:
The only color they come in is red, but hey, why not be bold?
Again, happy shopping everyone!
I always find it bittersweet to move into spring. While we leave behind the winter and the holidays, we are transitioning into great new styles and trends for the year to come!
It’s still winter and cold, but when it warms up a bit we no longer need a heavy winter coat. Skinny jeans and boots will keep you warm enough, while a simple lightweight white tee is a simple spring time staple. If it’s too chilly, a cardigan can be thrown over with a scarf! The bag and jewelry can be simple neutrals, mirroring the spring months!
I hope you guys liked this, I do not own this polyvore though. I never did one for the new year. But I will be uploading one soon!! Thank you everyone!
This is actually me! Yay! My first outfit picture is up, and it’s the style for fall. Please hype it on Lookbook, and I will return it!
Thank you everyone!
I found a great boot that is by a fabulous brand, ALDO, and I instantly fell in love. These are sold at Nordstrom, and the reason I really loved them was because they don’t really conform to one style. Yes, they are the style of a riding boot, but they are also a classic leather winter boot too. That means you can wear this in the fall with a very comfy sweater and have a casual style, you can put this with preppy clothing for the equestrian style, and you can dress this up with dark jeans and a peacoat for a very chic and rich winter style. This style is in dark brown. They are also $179.95, so I am going to again give you guys a similar alternative.
The alternative is a very similar shaped boot that I found at overstock.com. The boots are by Journee Collection. This boot is only $43.49, and comes in black, chestnut, and stone.
I hope this guides you to your dream boots!!
I have been looking for motorcycle boots everywhere! But all the wonderful ones (Steve Madden, for example) are way too pricey. But when I came upon Wanted Shoes, I was looking through really good quality shoes that aren’t too expensive at all! I settled on a pair of motorcycle boots simple called “Motor” in black. These shoes were $80, and on top of that they weren’t even in stock. But i pre-ordered them and used a coupon because it was my first purchase at the website. You can find these codes all over the internet.
The link for the boots is right here: http://www.wantedshoes.com/shop/Boots/motor/Black/
I’ll send you guys a picture when they come in, whenever that is! Thanks guys 🙂
The beautiful item of the day is a pair of very beautiful (and expensive) Michael Kors Shailym Leather wedge ankle boots. These booties are the biggest thing on the runways this fall because it isn’t as southern as cowboy boots but they are more casual than ballet flats. The heel measurements are 115mm/4.5 inches with 25mm/ 1 inch platform. They are made of real leather and are zip up pointed booties. Unfortunately, they come with a cool cost of $350. You can buy them here: http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/196486
They are large to size, so for US fittings, get the next size down.
A great alternative is here: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004QNSO64/ref=asc_df_B004QNSO642217598?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&linkCode=asn&creative=395093&creativeASIN=B004QNSO64&tag=wwwshopstylec-20&ascsubtag=562841064
They are a good alternative at the price of $170.26, which are on sale from 295.00. They are in black, but they also come in nude!
I hope you enjoy this everyone!
Something I’ve wanted to try for a couple years now is leather leggings. But they’re always very expensive and it’s hard for me to not spend my paycheck as soon as I get it…
But I found a new twist on the usual basic leather legging. The front is a very sexy leather, while the back is “stretch ponte” (which is a fancy way of saying, stretchy soft material).
These leggings are in black, but they also come in taupe, which is another great neutral color.
I found these leggings at Hale Bob, but the link is here for you: http://www.us.halebobstore.com/product/2WSE8030BLACK/Black-Walk-On-the-Wild-Side-Leather-Front-Leggings.html#
There’s only one big problem with these wonderful leggings, the steep price of $284.00.
So an alternative I can offer you is: http://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/p/AG-Adriano-Goldschmied-Faux-Leather-Leggings-Blackberry-New-Arrivals/prod79130141_cat369503_cat230300_/?index=1&isEditorial=false&cmCat=cat000000cat230300cat369503&ecid=BGALRJ84DHJLQkR4
These leggings were a little less expensive, at $198.00. That’s still expensive, but at least it isn’t close to $300, and you can count on the quality. These leggings are similar except they are faux-leather, And they don’t have any other material on the back. The color is in “blackberry” . They are by Adriano Goldshmied, found at bergdorfgoodman.com
I hope you enjoyed both pieces, because this is a huge trend for fall!