Clearly, I’m on a sweater kick this fall.
I took some pictures of the details of my morning yesterday because it felt like a beautiful day. The weather is getting really chilly, to the point where layering is necessary. I walked out the door and could feel my nose being tickled by the crisp air. The trees where I live are letting go of the last of their leaves, but some are hanging on. They have beautiful colors and textures to them. It truly feels like it’s the week of Halloween.
There is also a cloudiness that surrounds us now, because the golden fall days are behind us. Now are the cloud grey days that will stay for awhile. Truly, I don’t really mind it, because it makes for great pictures.
I got these awesome socks at the store Francesca’s. They were having a deal for accessories and I splurged on some socks at the beginning of the season. With my black chelsea boots, I thought they looks kind of witchy.
I wore my cape from Forever 21 with the new H&M sweater that I just bought. I’ve had this cape for so long, and it’s still so warm and great for fall. I love the look of the grey cape and the grey sweater, because the different materials are a beautiful contrast together.
How are you enjoying your week before Halloween?
This past week has had it’s ups and downs, simply because moving and changing your life around can be hard.
I have to say though, this is one of the most exciting things to happen yet! Our fall edition of the Gathering Magazine (a lifestyle and event mag) has finally arrived and it is jam packed with exciting Autumn features.
Inside, there are amazing fall recipes for Thanksgiving, or if you’re just in the mood to create something wonderful. Inside, there are articles I wrote featuring the amazing Apotheker’s Kitchen and a small article on the amazing foundation, The Pink Agenda. I honestly had so much fun talking to these guys and really getting into their work. There is some inspiring stuff in this issue!
If you’re curious, take a look at the magazine here and see if you’d like to buy a copy of this issue or possibly subscribe for future issues. And as always, let me know what you think!
Hi everyone, it’s me again.
1. I’ve really been enjoying relaxing outside as much as possible. Between the extreme hot or the crazy thunderstorms, it’s harder than you’d think! Sitting on the porch and taking some quiet time is so therapeutic. Sometimes I let my dog come out and sit with me, although he tends to run after the dogs next door.
2. I’ve also been enjoying gardening and looking after all our plants! Where I live is very green and I’m trying to make the most of it this summer.
3. Lately, I’ve been taking trips to the park when I can. Walking around or playing tennis is such good exercise, and it’s free! I’m so lucky to have a nice park near me to go to.
4. I’ve been drinking lemonade non-stop, what’s your favorite flavor?
5. I bought these adorable nail stickers for fourth of July from goscratchit.com and I thought they were maybe the most adorable ones I’ve ever had. They were supposed to be picnic themed, and they made the rainy holiday a little bit brighter.
6. After the fourth came around, it got HOT. I’ve been trying to cool down in any way I can! One fun thing for summer to keep you cool is fun ice cream and popsicles. Flag down an ice cream truck, or find some fruity flavors at the convenience store!
7. This was me being silly in TJMaxx. I think it’s important to have fun when you go out shopping! I was commenting on how my dog wouldn’t be caught dead in a dog bed because he’s spoiled and loves to sleep with us. I tried it out, and it turns out they are pretty comfy! I’m sure Rex would hate it though. TjMaxx has some amazing home items in at the moment, you should check it out!
If you want to follow my Instagram, you can go right here and do so 🙂
What have you been up to this month?
There are a lot of factors to consider when you move our wardrobe over to “summer clothes.” There are so many different summer styles and trends! You could go boho or nautical. You could go casual or sporty. I find that with less clothing on your body, it’s more of a challenge to have a distinct “style” in the summer. Because of this, I’ve decided to simplify the things I wear in the summer to a nice, casual look that will also keep me cool.
I’ve embraced wearing a simple tee with jeans, and it is the best summer outfit combination!
I’ve also been extremely into succulents lately. I have a few hanging over my bed, and a few more scattered throughout my yard. Another obsession for me this summer is going on bike rides! What have you been into lately?
I first went to Anthropologie when I was quite young. Now here I am, years later, picking my favorite items from them!
This was meant to go up closer to the beginning of this month, but these are all the things I’m loving at Anthro right now!
I loved reading as a child.
I sometimes find it challenging to keep reading now since I need to set aside time for reading. Life gets a bit busy and suddenly, reading feels like a chore. If you don’t have time for a long read session, here are some great blog posts that still count as reading (in my opinion) that you can look over during your morning coffee.
I really loved each of these and they felt like nice little snippets of things that you could attempt, or maybe they’ll just amuse you. My favorite was personally the guest post at Becoming Minimalist about Minimalism & The Pursuit of Happiness.
Take a look at these and see what you think! People do many posts like this and I won’t make this a regular thing. But this weekend you might need a few minutes to wind down and surf the net. These might interest you! I find it relaxing to see what other bloggers are up to at the moment. A nice piece of writing really sets the mood for the day.
Colorblocked Clay Coasters by A Beautiful Mess
Tips For Working Out When You Kinda Just Wanna Relax by The Skinny Confidential
The Alternative Brush Cleaners by The Beauty Department
Orange Lipstick: Is It Wearable? by Dream and Dazzle
The Most Popular Dresses to Rent for Wedding Season by Who What Wear
Steps To Make Your Lipstick Last Longer by Sophie’s Makeup
Minimalism & The Pursuit of Happiness by Becoming Minimalist
How To Thread Your Own Eyebrows by Loepsie
This type of post has been brewing in my brain for awhile now.
I wanted to be able to share with you what I’ve been up to through pictures, and what better way than to show my latest posts on Instagram. This goes back to about 6 weeks ago when I was still in school. Here is what I’ve been doing!
1. Through the school year, I tried to start eating better, and that meant buying fresh fruit every week to snack on. Not only is it tasty, but it looks cute when you put them in mugs and eat them from there.
2. As spring came, so did my trench coats, and I dug out one of my favorite thrift store finds with this Jones of New York pink trench.
3. Mother’s Day was an amazing day, and I got the cutest wrapping paper for my mom’s gifts at TJMaxx. I love putting together gifts and then wrapping them up. My mom loved all her goodies (which consisted of many candles).
4. Another Mother’s Day post was in order as we had a huge brunch with lots of delicious food to celebrate the mom’s in our family.
5. Earlier this week, I moved out of my dorm and said goodbye to my school for the summer. Although I had a hard year, it was still bittersweet to leave. The houses on our campus are beautiful.
6. A shameless selfie I took while trying to unpack my stuff (it still isn’t done). There has been so much to do this week that my procrastination levels have been at an all time high when it comes to putting my clothes away. This is also the last picture of my hair like this! Two days ago I got my hair cut 4 inches, dyed a bit darker, and I got some bangs cut in.
If you want to follow my Instagram, here is the link!
What have you been up to this past spring? I’d love to know how your week has been!
This might sound familiar: you are in bed, trying hard to fall asleep early, but you just can’t stop playing Candy Crush (and honestly, you’re probably alternating between that and Trivia Crack). Games on your phone are fun and all, but there are some apps that are seriously helpful for bloggers, and some are just down-right addicting. I’ve compiled some of my favorite apps that I use to waste time or to help enhance my life a little. I haven’t been sponsored by everyone, these are just honestly what I use. I also am not putting and game apps, because this list would be a lot longer…
This is a shopping app that also shows a bunch of trends from many shops and compiles them into sections, I’ve found it’s great for gifts.
I don’t consider this a social media app like Twitter or Instagram, I really think this is an inspiration/time waster. I get totally lost into Pinterest when I use it on the computer. I will spend hours on the mobile app, but some great blogging ideas have come out of it!
3. Adobe Color
This was an app I stumbled upon when I tried to find ways to make color palettes. This is actually featured in my picture in this very blog post. This amazing app will find colors in the pictures that you take. It always gives a cool look when the little bubbles search around the screen and give you different color options. I used this in a few Lush inspiration posts. I think this is a fun app for inspiration or even just to find a specific color scheme for whatever reason.
4. Perlin Draw
This was an interesting little app that I use to mainly get rid of stress. You can draw different designs on the screen and change shape and color options to make the pictures look different. I often use this at night if I’m anxious or even while I wait for class. It isn’t necessarily a game, but it is fun!
I can already see the eye rolls. I will be honest, I find astrology fascinating. This is one of the top horoscope apps in case you are feeling celestial and curious.
I use this to catch up on the blogs that I follow throughout the day. It usually gives me great ideas for what I should write for upcoming posts.
7. Water Lite
A few days ago I was waiting for a meeting and heard some water being poured, but the sound was coming from someone’s phone. It was reminding her to drink more water! I asked for the app because I need to remember to drink much more water so I can feel better throughout the day. This will give you reminders as often as you want, and I love it so far!
Confession: This may be my favorite Ipsy Bag. I have thoroughly loved everything inside of this! Every single item was something that I could put to good use. I just want to say one thing though, the lipstick packaging DID fall apart and I am calling Ipsy to see if they will give me a replacement.
But besides the weird lipstick (which has a great color) I am in love with this month’s Ipsy, especially the adorable makeup bag.
Jor’el Parker Perfume- Femina
Hikari Blush- Tango
KCO Colors Lipstick- Natural Born Beauty
The Balm Cosmetics Mini Nude Eyeshadow- Flirty
Lather Ultra Light Face Lotion
What came in your monthly beauty bags?
One Last Time– Ariana Grande
Skinny Love– Birdy
Starry Eyed– Ellie Goulding
Birthday– Katy Perry
Adore You– Miley Cyrus
Unconditionally– Katy Perry