Spring colors on nails are one thing, but adding some sparkle to the mix brings something different to the game.
I wanted to share a little manicure I did this week when I was feeling quite girly.
I used a pale pink as the base and then just layered a very chunky glitter polish, concentrating at the tips. I went for a glitter that had different sizes so it looked like the glitter was going down the nail. Something like this looks very clean and classic. But i think it it still looks unique, because many people ask to see them and compliment them! It’s an easy extra step to a normal pink nail polish. I think it’s worth it!
I did a quick manicure the other night because I was feeling wintery. I love white nail polish but it’s so unnatural that I always forget to use it! I simply used that as a base and then put a glittery gold as a french tip, and my ring finger completely gold.
I did a glitter manicure over the weekend that I think is perfect for fall. In my opinion, glitter is always appropriate, but during the fall and winter it seems so much more magical.
I’ve had this glitter polish from Claire’s for so long, and I always love using it. I slightly ombred every nail but my ring finger, which I kept all glitter. The reason I liked this was it is almost a twist on a French manicure.
I have gotten soo many compliments on these, and the crazy thing is they were so easy to do! I simply layered one line of glitter first concentrated on the very tip of the nail. Once that dried, I kept layering the glitter down further and further until it started to resemble an ombre. It doesn’t need to be perfect, so there’s room for not-enough-sparkle or too-much-sparkle. Also, it’s easier to do this with a more chunky or fat glitter. This had an assortment of different glitter sizes, but there are some glitter polishes that are just way too thin, and it’s harder to ombre that kind. Since this is a cheap polish, it is extremely difficult to remove. I wanted a disclaimer in there because this polish stays on forever which is good, until you’re scraping it off and wishing you did a base coat. So try to layer a clear polish first, since it may come off easier. This worked well on my still kind-of short nails, and it also looks great on long nails! Try it out and tell me how it works. Since there’s so many colors in this glitter, it goes with everything! And it looks great while holding a smoothie or a pumpkin spice latte. I did a topcoat at the end to give a bit of shine. Hopefully this quick mani goes well for you!
This is like a half inspiration post and a pieces-to-buy post.
I have no idea where the first or last pieces are from…but I know they are adorable. The first one is definitely from a one of the runway shows from the fall 2013 collections. I thought it was a great indication that there will be a lot of red for fall, as well as ornamented necklines. (Which is exciting)
THe second item is a beautiful shirt that can be worn with soo many things. It is a soft knit, so it can be worn during the summer, as well as transitioned into the fall. The hem is asymmetrical, and the oversized shirt is cut in a way that it is 1 size fits all (for the most part). I found this at a great new website that I want to see more of, called emmastine.com
The third item is something you might want to buy for an occasion, seeing as it is more expensive. The dress itself is made out of textured cotton and the top is a mesh material. The bust of the dress and the skirt is lined with a luxe material that reminds you why you spend so much for these cutout dress. It is gorgeous for summer events, and even works for the fall. I found this at shopbop.com
The last item is one I found online and can’t quite locate. But you can find these almost anywhere. I love the graphic tees for summer because they can be worn with skirts, shorts, and over bathing suits. I found so many like this at Forever 21.
Today I got some nail stickers and did a fun manicure that is perfect for spring. Glitter and mint are huge this season, so it’s perfect.
I got Sally Hanson nail stickers in “Holi-Daze” (clearly left over from Christmas, but it worked! ) and put them on every finger but my ring finger.
I then used Nicole by OPI in My Lifesaver (pretty sure it was from the Justin Bieber collection) on my Ring finger.
And there! It’s easy, and more fun than a normal manicure.
What do you think?
So for this trend page, I have shown you what I plan to get and wear when it gets warmer (hint hint, mother nature).
1. This is a Vera Wang bridal collection shoe, but I think it could really be worn with a number of things in the spring to cutesy-up and outfit. They could even make black skinny jeans a bit softer!
2. I thought this necklace was so sweet. I’m not sure where it’s from, but I love the idea of intricate jewelry during the hotter months. With less clothing, the simple delicate jewelry is so classic. It could look great in contrast to a plain black tee and printed pants. Viola!
3. On the other hand, I love the bohemian feel of the gold and feathers. This bracelet is so cool, and is from Jewelmint. I had an account, but canceled it. If I see anything I really love I might open it again. This would look amazing in a bracelet stack with beads, cross bracelets, and even real feathers on some bracelets. VERY boho.
4. This Raw Amethyst Point Necklace is on Etsy by Keyla Viviana. The shop name is called “shopkei”. I am in love with this right now. I love the raw cut stones, and I wanted them so badly in a ring or necklace. I love the color of this so much! To go really grungy, you could wear it with a tie-dyed tunic and thigh high socks.
5. I don’t know where these are from, but I love the pink in these earrings. Sometimes in the summer, it’s easy to get into the habit of wearing a plain tee with plain denim shorts. So adding simple beautiful earrings in a summery color look perfect. On the other hand, they can be completely dressed up if you want to wear a classy sheer shirt and pencil skirt for something. Add these babies and you have a very classy vintage vibe.
6. The last are sandals by Birkenstock. I surprisingly never owned a pair, and want some so bad for summer! They look so simple with a tank, white shorts, and a summery scarf!
I did a new manicure today where the sparkles are thick at the end of your nail and less sparkles near your cuticle.
I started with Nicole by OPI in “Party in the Penthouse” and did 2 coats. I then layered a sparkly glitter polish by Cynthia Rowley and put it down 3/4 of my nail.
Once that dries, do sparkles 1/2 down your nails. Finally, after drying again, put the glitter at mostly your tips. Then finish with a top coat!
This is super easy, and sort of reminds me of mermaids 🙂
As always, give feedback!
I am a huge nail fanatic, so I thought it was time to see what all the fuss with Zoya was about! I thought I would be able to find this popular polish close by at CVS or Target, but it proved harder to find. It turns out this designer nail polish can only be distributed to salons or independent shops. The only other way is to order straight from the website.
I looked at the winter collection that they had and decided on “Storm”. (I wanted a few others, but each bottle is $8, and you need to pay for shipping)
I waited long past a week before checking where my polish was. “Storm” just happened to be a best seller, and was sold out. Luckily, a new shipment came in, and less than a week later I got it!
Let me say that if it was more accessible and less expensive per bottle with shipping, I would probably buy it all. This nail polish is literally jewels for your nails, which I think is the slogan…
It was smooth, the color was rich, and in the light, the sparkles are stunning.
If you have the money to spend, I would say, this may be the best of the best. If I save up more money for polish, I will buy again. (It helps that they gave me a packet with every color they sell, including beautiful new spring pastels)
Besides the price and exclusiveness, this was an amazing buy. I highly recommend it.
Hello everyone! I hope everyone is having a great holiday season. Today I did a fun nail idea for new years. I did have golden glitter, but that felt more like Christmas.
First I did one coat of nude nailpolish from forever 21 (the love and beauty kind). After, I carefully took a silver, red, green, gold, blue, purple, and much more from claires. I did a normal French with the glitter and let it dry for a second coat. Lastly, i put a clear topcoat!
Like I said, pretty easy, but still fun.