For the majority of you, you’ll already know I am obsessed with Lush.
I went in to get some Lush last week and I was happy I went when I did. If you didn’t know, the U.S. Lush stores are phasing out a lot of their old (and most loved) bath bombs! I already stocked up on Space Girl and Phoenix Rising last month, but I didn’t know that Granny Takes a Dip was leaving too. When the employees told me, I knew I had to get it. I also bought a few other fun bath treats (and they all look pretty cohesive, don’t they?)
Cocktail: Granny Takes A Dip & The Comforter
(Featured ingredient is Lemon Oil)
- The wonderful array of swirling colors paints a gorgeous picture in the tub.
- This bomb was inspired by a 1960’s clothing boutique called Granny Takes a Trip.
- The pink outer ring contains small bits of Bubble Bar for a bit of bubbling bliss.
(Featured ingredient is Bergamot Oil)
- Soaking in a tub with The Comforter is like sinking beneath a bath of cotton wool.
- The warm aroma of cassis absolute is so relaxing that you’ll go to bed feeling happier.
- Blackcurrant absolute is extracted by solvent extraction from the buds of the blackcurrant bush.
I actually got he last Granny in the store (sad, but awesome) and I knew I needed to use it with something for its last hoorah. The scent of Granny goes perfectly with the candy-scented comforter, and you can see in the pictures that the bubbles were amazing in a purple/pink bath.
Have you bought anything fun at Lush lately?
Ipsy is one of those things that just brightens up the middle of your month.
As it’s the end of summer, this will be my last Ipsy bag before returning to school! I can’t believe the fall is almost here. I was so happy with my Ipsy bag this month. I can’t wait to share what I got with you!
Hikari Lip Gloss in “Merlot”
I actually wore this lip gloss yesterday and I was in love with it. True to its name, the color looks like a deep wine. I love the pigmentation, but it is quite dark for summer. Fall will be a perfect time to wear this!
BWC Leave-in Conditioner
I used this once and I think it really made a difference. You use this after you’ve washed your hair and you keep it in until you’re done styling. I tried blow-drying my hair straight after using this, and my hair was significantly less frizzy. This says a lot for me because my hair becomes a frizz ball pretty easily! The summer humidity makes it worse, so this was an impressive product.
Starlooks Eyeliner Pen
You guys, this was AMAZING. I used it yesterday and I quickly swiped it on, and miraculously the liner was flawless! I didn’t have to fix either side. The tip of the pen is so easy to use, I was blown away! Removing it was very easy too, as it didn’t stick to my skin the way my usual liquid liner does.
Trust Fund Beauty Nail Polish in “Elegantly Wasted”
I put this beautiful shade on my nails last night and I’m in love. I think these powdery colors are perfect for in-between seasons because they are the perfect hue. This is a grey/periwinkle that will go with everything at any time of year.
Jesse’s Girl Eye Shadow Primer
I used this yesterday and today on my eyelids and have mixed feelings about this. It probably does a great job if you have a simple makeup look, but as far as liner and more complicated shadow goes, it transfers a little bit. Then again, it is significantly cheaper than Urban Decay’s Primer Potion, which I use all the time.
What did you think of your beauty boxes this month?
I wore my new H&M skirt yesterday and needed to take some pictures of it.
Chelsea Boots- Target
Kate Spade Suglasses
Rifle Paper & Co. Phone Case
Hair ties (I have no idea from where!)
Daniel Wellington watch
I hope you all had a great day! I had a question for you, if I started up a Youtube channel, would you watch? Let me know.
(Only first image is mine, all the rest will link back to their sources.) I put together some images that I think sum up the end of summer for me. I can’t believe this is the last month of summer vacation!
Here’s what I’ve been listening to:
Cough Syrup // Young the Giant
Can’t Go Back Now // The Weepies
XO // John Mayer
Everything Has Changed // Julia Sheer
The a Team // Julia Sheer
The One That Got Away // Julia Sheer
Just for Now // Imogen Heap
Cups // Anna Kendrick
Unconditionally // Katy Perry
That’s all for now!
Packing this month’s goodies into my makeup bag made me extremely happy.
tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Bronzer in “Park Ave Princess”
I haven’t used this yet, but I am going crazy over it. This is one of tarte’s most popular items and I can’t believe it was in my Ipsy bag. I love the color of this because as I’m quite pale, this is the perfect color on me without being too dark. There is a slight sheen to this, but I think it’s necessary for the kind of color and bronzer that it is. I can’t wait to start using this. I’ll make sure to tell you how it is!
jelly pong pong 2-in-1 Eyeliner & Shadow
I’m so happy I received a pencil eyeliner because mine was starting to dwindle. I love the color of this because it isn’t as harsh as a complete black liner. It seems to smudge easily and is large enough to use as an eye shadow too. I can’t wait to see what I can do with this!
Crown Brushes Tweezers
I first was disappointed that I received these because I have so many pairs of tweezers. I even have a pair that I paid $25. I always just tend to use those because they are excellent quality. However, in the fall when I go to school, it might be useful to have a nice pair at home so I don’t have to keep carrying tweezers with me. Also, my friend used them and loved them!
Vasanti Exfoliating Cleanser
I haven’t used this yet but I spread it on my hand and really loved the exfoliant of it. It feels like it’ll really clean my pores out and leave my skin squeaky clean.
Octavio Sea Salt Spray Infused with Algae Extract
I used this the other day and was in love. With the weather being so humid and hot, I don’t like doing a lot of styling to it recently. I put this in before putting it into a ponytail and it gave my hair major texture, it also smells like an amazing beach trip!
What did you receive from your monthly beauty boxes?
I was browsing around for some mid-summer sales and found some really great things that are on the Anthropologie website! A lot of these are on sale, and some are not. I really like putting these together because it’s interesting to see what’s in stock and on sale right now. I’ve noticed there are a lot of florals and pastels. I really enjoy both those things, so I’m quite happy.
Alright my blogging friends. (It’s time for this month’s makeup look)
1. trèStique Mini Shadow Crayon “Aspen Pine”
This was the shadow stick I got from my latest Ipsy bag. I love the deep green look for in my crease and outer corner of my lid!
2. How To Look The Best At Anything Benefit Box in “Light”
You can see this is well-loved! I got this at Christmas and I use it every single day. The concealer and powder are must-have for makeup that will stay on your face in the summer.
3. Chella Tantalizing Taupe Eyebrow Color
This is still my favorite brow product. I don’t know what it is about this thing! I love how small and petite it is. I feel like the thin size of it allows me to get really natural looking brows. The packaging is also just adorable, isn’t it? I’m dreading the day when this little guy runs out!
What makeup have you been wearing this month? (BTW, I realize this is late, but this was the majority of what I wore last month in June) 🙂
I have always asked myself, can fringe be done in a way that doesn’t make me look like I’m constantly at Woodstock?
I don’t own a lot of pieces with fringe because I have so many other 70’s elements that I’m afraid I’ll look like a crazy wannabe hippie. However, I’ve learned how to make it all work. This was a perfect outfit for the crazy hoy and sunny day that it was!
Shirt- Forever 21
Sunglasses- Kate Spade
Bracelet- Kate Spade
Purse- Ralph Lauren
Phone Case- NEW! Rifle Paper & Co. (I’m in love)
I have some more posts coming this week! Stay tuned 🙂
Hi everyone, it’s me again.
1. I’ve really been enjoying relaxing outside as much as possible. Between the extreme hot or the crazy thunderstorms, it’s harder than you’d think! Sitting on the porch and taking some quiet time is so therapeutic. Sometimes I let my dog come out and sit with me, although he tends to run after the dogs next door.
2. I’ve also been enjoying gardening and looking after all our plants! Where I live is very green and I’m trying to make the most of it this summer.
3. Lately, I’ve been taking trips to the park when I can. Walking around or playing tennis is such good exercise, and it’s free! I’m so lucky to have a nice park near me to go to.
4. I’ve been drinking lemonade non-stop, what’s your favorite flavor?
5. I bought these adorable nail stickers for fourth of July from goscratchit.com and I thought they were maybe the most adorable ones I’ve ever had. They were supposed to be picnic themed, and they made the rainy holiday a little bit brighter.
6. After the fourth came around, it got HOT. I’ve been trying to cool down in any way I can! One fun thing for summer to keep you cool is fun ice cream and popsicles. Flag down an ice cream truck, or find some fruity flavors at the convenience store!
7. This was me being silly in TJMaxx. I think it’s important to have fun when you go out shopping! I was commenting on how my dog wouldn’t be caught dead in a dog bed because he’s spoiled and loves to sleep with us. I tried it out, and it turns out they are pretty comfy! I’m sure Rex would hate it though. TjMaxx has some amazing home items in at the moment, you should check it out!
If you want to follow my Instagram, you can go right here and do so 🙂
What have you been up to this month?